Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 December 2011

How about you shut the *@$£ up?

Day 10 of stims. Going OK, have 2 injections daily. Buserelin (that I was injecting daily for down regulation) and Gonal F- which is FSH drug. They are both injected at the same time and at least one of them always hurts, sometimes both. I feel better in myself since my ovaries have been switched back on and I am feeling tingly and crampy on that area so something must be happening. Not feeling bloated though as some ladies do (I hope that my follies are growing). Have a scan on Friday to check that all is as it should be so have my fingers crossed.

Still, I didn't log in to tell you about that. That is boring. I logged in to moan and whine about those idiotic fertiles on Facebook. Since the new version has been launched I no longer know how to block people. I know you can unsubscribe- but I am worried that will make my feed unavailable to them... really should Google it.

Meanwhile I am getting mightily annoyed with FB friends whose every status is pregnancy related. Actually there is one person whose statuses are pregnancy related or Christmas related. I mean, come on love, get a grip. Have you got nothing else going on in your life? From moaning about "baby brain" (one of my all time pet hates- there is no such thing as baby brain, you just want to mention your pregnancy AGAIN), moaning constantly about hormones to complaining about the lack of maternity wear in her area. Seriously, shut the eff up! I will find out how to hide her diatribe, but, in the same vein as STFU Parents (sometimes brilliant blog http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/, if you have not been there, go! I love the womb scan photo with the beer can) I have copied and pasted some of her highly irritating statuses below. She's got another 4 months to go. Oh hell.
NNNNGGGGHHHH!!! So... going to a rock festival with a month-old baby. Yay or nay? Nay. 
Who needs a cot or a pram when you're bringing up a baby? Who cares?
HELL YEAH! CHRISTMAS, BABY! 30 sleeps to go! WOOT!
Operation "Deck the Halls" is underway!
My lounge looks like Christmas threw up in here :-D ♥ ♥ ♥ Perhaps it did, I nearly did.
What is the pregnant woman's equivalent of gin o'clock? And is it time yet? It's when you have had the baby. No, it is not time. I know because you have a pregancy ticker on facebook. You are only 18 weeks.
Help! I've been left in charge of ordering the Christmas food and I have major baby brain making me all fuzzy! :-S Double-whammy of baby and Christmas.
CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! BOUNCE! SQUEEEEE!! BOUNCE!! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! FFS
I have reached the unfortunate conclusion that the town centre is absolutely pants for maternity jeans shopping :-(
I have reached the unfortunate conclusion that I a miserable cow and hate reading happy-family statuses.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about the unsubscribe and I don't care if it blocks my feed from them. The other question would be if they would even notice if your feed was suddenly missing. If said annoying preggo-Christmas woman is so obsessed she probably won't notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? Even if I wasn't infertile, those statuses would annoy the shit out of me.

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit that I had no idea about infertility when I was fertile in my 20's and had my son. Admittedly I had suffered a mc first preg, so i knew about pain and loss. But I was not a person to have to justify my belly's existence every 5 mins. I did have other things in my life. I was happy but I didn't need to reassure myself like a lot of women do. I think you are on to something. Maybe they don't have much else going on and need to draw attention in some way. Humble pregnant women are what we need more of. Even now if I ever did happen for us again, I won't be shouting in the nude with 2 lines on a stick strapped to my head. I think I will pray quietly every day that everything works out. It will be hard to celebrate when you are so terrified you may lose what you've begged for.

    I am not on FB... Otherwise I think I'd have a meltdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness I am not on FB. Such messages would drive me bonkers. I agree with poster above, this is all an attention seeking exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rather love STFU Parents too. Half of the people who comment there are parents, and can't stand that sort of thing.

    Unsubscribe/delete/hide her.

    ReplyDelete