Search This Blog

Monday 12 December 2011

Good news for once

Well, I had my scan and was so nervous. I felt no cramps or anything around the ovaries so thought that the follies had stopped growing.

As soon as they started scanning me I knew there would be good news as even I could see the follies on my ovaries. They looked like a bunch of grapes.

The 5 large ones had grown to the size that they should be 2 days before egg collection (16mm or above) there were lots of other follies but these were smaller. Some were not too much smaller so am hoping that they will grow to the right size. My womb lining was described as "beautiful" (!) as it was triple layered and 13mm (well above the minimum).

I am absolutely delighted, was so convinced that we would have to cancel. I have now forgotten all about being a bit annoyed I didn't get 12 or more follies, I am just grateful to be ready!

It's all systems go now for egg collection- it will be in 2 days. No more Gonal F or Buserelin injections! I have to take the hCG Ovitrelle trigger at midnight tonight and my collection will be on Wednesday at 12:00noon. I am supposed to take my pain killer up the bum 1 hour before egg collection. I tried really hard not to laugh when the nurse told me to insert it up my "back passage". I am a child, I couldn't stop smirking.

4 comments:

  1. Up the dirt purse! Ha ha ha. I'm a child too, and farts are still funny. Woo hoo sounds like things are too good to be true, all falling into place. Makes you nervous when things go right for a change. Quality over quantity I say. Will be thinking of you and can't wait for all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey KV... Woooohooo woman!! That's awesome news. Great work. You're well and truly on your way darl. Your lining sounds perfect :) Ah, as I say - on to the next worry step of the IVF saga!!

    Mucho baby dust being willed your way KV, wishing you a BFP soon!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping it's all gone well! I have a sneaking suspicion it has.

    ReplyDelete