Search This Blog

Thursday 1 December 2011

Stimming!

Well, I had a meeting with Dildo Cam yesterday and my husband watched (oooh er missus). Before she started, the sonographer asked me if I had any symptoms, "Not too bad, I have had trouble sleeping though."


"Oh" she said, "You're the first person who has complained about that." OK, so I have been making it up then, clearly. I love to pretend that I am waking at 4am then 5am then 6am because I am red hot and dying to pee. She also asked my husband if I had been moody lately. Luckily he knows which way his bread is buttered and said "No, not really."

As always, I didn't sit far enough at the end of the table so had to scooch down, taking that giant loo-roll-like paper with me.

She found a thin womb lining and a "quiet" right ovary. It took her ages to find my left ovary, "Did they have trouble last time?" she asked. "No" was my reply, "I can assure you I do have a left ovary". Luckily she found it (after a good 5 mins of prodding and swirling the dildo cam). She told me it was a good thing it was all quiet, if it hadn't been my cycle would have been cancelled until the New Year :-0.


A nurse then showed my husband how to inject what can only be described as the pen of torture. It's a pen, you move the dail and squirt a load of liquid out, then you set it to the dose then you stab it into some fat and then twist the top around so it clicks 8 times. I have to go back to the clinic a week tomorrow to see if it is working.


I had my first two doses haven't been so bad so far- in fact the Buserelin hurts more.

So we will just wait and see.

5 comments:

  1. Great news about reaching stimms. Is it a Gonal-F pen? I preferred the pen to the actual syringes. The clicking was reassuring - I have no idea why that might be.

    Good luck, I hope both ovaries get kicked into (controlled) overdrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh we have progress!! Never ceases to amaze me what has to be done behind closed doors in order to achieve what most ho bags do with a 2 minute horizontal samba.

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the Follistim pen. The bonus (for me at least) is that the needle is a larger gauge, which means thinner. Like.

    My lefty hides, too... apparently behind my bowel. Who knew?

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at your hubby's response. He is a wise man :-)

    My left ovary used to hide as well. In fact on one visit they just gave up on finding it since it was taking so long.

    Sounds like Gonal-f pen, I did not have issues with it actually. I preferred it to syringe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes ladies, it is Gonal F. It's not as bad as it looks and barely hurts- unlike the Buserelin which seems to get more painful by the day.

    ReplyDelete