Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 June 2011

have now decided that my luteal phase doesn't matter

Aftter having freaked myself out this past few months about luteal phases etc etc (inserrt yawn emoticon here)... I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter...

Rather than Google Luteal Phase defect, I Googled "Short Luteal Phase Successful Pregnancy" and found this on Baby and Bump- http://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/552202-so-upset-short-leutal-phase-11-days-can-do.html.

If you can't be bothered to follow the link, there are loads of ladies with LPs of 10-11 days (some less) who have successfully conceived... I feel so much better having found this (I was worried that IVF would be doomed to failure because of this "defect")... My LP ranges from 9-11 days- was 11 days last month.

I think that this just goes to show that Google is not always your friend and sometimes reassurance can be found by entering something optimisitic rather than pessimistic.

I am one of life's worriers- sometimes the concerns are genuine usually they are over nothing. Yes I have "unexplained infertility" but that doesn't mean that I will never get my sprog. My sprog already has a name. It has to happen one day. It has to.

13 comments:

  1. Oddly, luteal phases are one of the things I haven't worried about. I have gone through phases of feng shui, reiki, worrying about spotting before my period, worrying about drinking and various other things. But I think you kind of get hardened to it after a while. Mostly! Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to pregnancy, Dr Google is not your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here From ICLW!!

    I have to agree with Kat, Dr. Goo.gle can be very very bad sometimes.

    But I can tell you that I had a shorter Luteal phase, and I am currently pregnant due in a few weeks from IVF!!

    ICLW
    #96

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Luteal Phase was all over the place and I got pregnant. Dr Google can be EVIL!!!!

    best of luck...Unexplained infertility sucks big time...

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Google can be evil, and can be a lifesaver...it's just a matter of how you use it! My luteal phase has been everywhere from excellent(16 days) to craptastic(8 days) and all the inbetween, and I've just given up on bothering at all.
    I just had an ectopic pregnancy, reading your account is so similar to the experience I had with the bleeding, the low betas, and the pregnancy struggling to hang on.
    I hope you get your BFP soon, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unexplained infertility is bull*. I never worried about Luteal Phase. If the truth be told, I never had to. But you know, things go wrong for 99 right things. And things are right for 99 wrong things.

    So yeah!


    iclw #36

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is good to know! But I guess it shouldn't be surprising. There are so many variables, I don't think we can define "normal" when it comes to conception and pregnancy.

    ICLW #144

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from ICLW!

    Dr. Google is a very, very dangerous thing. Don't worry about how it could affect an IVF cycle, it won't. Your RE's job is to take care of that for you and arrange meds accordingly.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the very best of luck. BTW, when doing IVF, short luteal phases don't matter quite as much because you are almost always on PIO in the beginning (he best treatment for any LPD). It sounds like you are in good shape to me.

    ICLW #10

    ReplyDelete
  10. IVF and all the drugs would whip your luteal phase into submission anyway. I definitely wouldn't worry about it when it comes to IVF.

    Oh ... I'm writing this and see that Kristin has said that as well. So now there are two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Luteal phase was different every time! Very frustrating! We had basically unexplained IF, even though I have PCOS because we would ovulate and not get pregnant. We are now pregnant with twins thanks to IVF and now know what the problem was! We had total fertilization failure and had to do Rescue ICSI. There is no explanation for it either. My husband had good sperm, but they didn't like my eggs for whatever reason :-/

    Good luck to you in your journey and I hope you figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I came across your blog from another blog. I have always thought that I had LPD. Mine has always been around 10 days. Even clomid had no real effect, stretching it to 11 days. Woo hoo? Looking forward to following your journey..
    Tee @ infertilitee-upthedater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Google probably hurts more often than it helps. I hope you get your BFP soon.

    ICLW #128

    ReplyDelete