Search This Blog

Thursday 2 February 2012

Relief

Thank you all for your lovely kind comments, thoughts and prayers.


My GP referred me to the EPU immediately, and I have had my scan. It's good news. The bean now looks like a prawn and I am measuring at 9+1 (my exact dates) and there was a lovely heartbeat. The sonographer said that my placenta is low which is what probably caused the bleeding (and may cause more). Now I have been referred, I can go back any time I want without seeing the GP first (that is, if I am worried and get any heavy bleeding).


I can't believe it! The bleeding stopped yesterday pretty much straight after I saw it, but it really is alarming to see bright red blood, especially as my nausea disappeared. It's back today (the  nausea not the bleeding), perhaps the worry made it go away?


I haven't been blogging much, mainly because I almost feel that if I do something will go wrong. You know how you blog your period is late then it turns up the next day. I will update but not as much as I used to but I am still reading your blogs and commenting if I feel I can offer support or have something interesting/intelligent to say.

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear the good news. I hope you keep up on your blogs and let us know how things are progressing. Each day that goes by is one day closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news my dear! So glad your little one is growing on schedule. Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank heavens for that. That is brilliant news. I would have been amazing to see the little tacker in there safe and sound.

    I understand about not blogging about it. Yesterday, as soon as I posted I was 12dpo, my damn red carpet was rolled out within hours. So I do get it.

    You take time, and know we will always be here and busting to see how you and your growing bubba are. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that baby is doing well! Thanks for the update. Still sending you lots of positive vibes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! My placenta is low as well and I wonder if that's what caused the spotting I had.

    Have you got bored with people suggesting you eat ginger biscuits for nausea yet?

    ReplyDelete