Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 May 2011

She's coming I just know it...

Well, I no longer have sore boobs, I know that stupid Aunt Flo will be making an appearance on Saturday- if not before.

I know it so well that I already feel miserable and moody about it.

There is no point to this post, but I started this blog to get things off my chest, something is on my chest so here I am offloading.

I have my first IVF appointment on Monday. Not looking forward to it. I know that they will tell me that the NHS waiting list is 18-24 months. I am cross about this. I have been referred to a hospital that is miles away and difficult for me to get to (and outside of the borough). There's an NHS clinic much closer with shorter waiting times, but my borough do not have a "service level agreement" with them(what ridiculous language is used by the public sector these days). If I lived 2 miles down the road I would be having my IVF treatment by now (the waiting list is 4 months, I was referred 4 months ago). Apparently residents in my borough are referred to the neaby clinic "in extreme cases". What?!? Why only then? Stupid postcode lottery.

I could complain about the service and system officially, but frankly, I have no energy to do this. I want to talk to my fiance about egg sharing and going private again, but I am worried he will kick off like he did last time.

Oh and to cap it off, one of my colleagues (the only one in my debt that I dislike) may be pregnant. She got married in October. It was a grand, ostentatious affair (she didn't pay) that we heard all about for months and months before the wedding. I was dreading this, I thought she would fall pregnant immediatelty. I think she has- no announcement has been made but she has put on weight, stopped making loud plans to go out and get drunk and keeps on having whispery conversations with her friends.

Not a good day for me today.

3 comments:

  1. What a sucky day for you.

    'Stupid postcode lottery.' That is soooo stupid. My mother is on the receiving end of this (not for IVF of course, but arthritis treatment injections). I would guess 'extreme cases' refers to age?

    I really hate having to pay for treatment in Korea (I pay up front, and then get some of it back on insurance) but I have the choice of going to any clinic I want and I get treated as quickly as possible (because they know you'll just go somewhere else.)

    Wait until you have your appointment before you feel down about waiting times. It might be different from what you think... or you could move to Korea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving to Korea seems a bit extreme!!! Looks rather appealing right now though (compared with this grey, miserable country full of smug pregnant ladies).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post code lottery seems really unfair!!

    Good luck for the appointment on Monday. I had a luteal phase problem - it was a bit shorter than normal, but I had low progesterone (my GP told me I didn't ovlate, but I charted and knew I did, and my fertility guy said I did - shows what GPs know!) and so got put on clomid.

    ReplyDelete