Search This Blog

Monday 11 July 2011

My day in pictures- ways to be cheerful

My blog is always a mixed bag of emotions. Saturday I was in tears and my last post reflects the sadness. Yesterday (Sunday) I was a lot happier and more like my normal self.

My emotions are rather cyclical, and I'd say for most of the month I am "normal", I spend a couple of days (before AF) anxious and then a couple of days in the depths of dispair (AF and following day usually).

I had a lovely Sunday. I decided I wanted to be cheerful, and did things that I knew would make me feel happy. Even if only for a little bit.

At my hen do, I was given "Mr" and "Mrs" mugs. Now, I know we aren't married yet, but I am not a superstitious person and wanted to use them (as they are not a wedding present I thought there is no issue!).. We both love a cuppa (him more than me- he gets through at least 10 cups a day!) and these mugs felt special. I started the day with a lovely cup of tea made in these mugs...


I am really looking forward to being a married woman and these mugs remind me of the big day to come and the fact that we will soon be husband and wife. I love how he likes drinking from his too!



I had a shower and did my hair in an amazing updo... I bought a device made by a company called "Goody" that makes creating a "modern updo" very quick and easy, it's called the "Up Do Maker"... brilliant! My fiance couldn't take a good photo of my hair, but here is what it looked like (as posed by model, image stolen from t'internet) and here's the device used to create...




I put on one of my vintage summer dresses, Jackie O sunglasses and off we went to the pub. We sat outside in the beer garden in the sunshine. A beer in the pub during British summer time really is one of life's pleasures. The beer at the pub was all locally brewed and much nicer than standard fizzy lager. I had a wheat beer, followed by strawberry. Here's what he and I had:




Went home feeling a little tipsy and I carried on with my bunting project whilst watching a DVD of the Human League. I am making bunting to decorate the reception at my wedding. I am using vintage fabric scraps to create a mix-n-match effect. This is not my bunting, but it is similar...




Then we had Sunday dinner and watched a movie (whilst I knitted some more of my wedding shrug). It really was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment