Search This Blog

Friday 7 October 2011

I am back and married!

Hello bloggers, have finally returned after a break to get married and honeymooned. I won't go into great detail as this is not a wedding blog (and boy are there a lot of those out there). The whole day was wonderful. My favourite part was walking into the room and seeing my future husband's face. There are no words to describe the look in his eyes. Got back from honeymoon 2 days ago, went to the USA (Vegas, Canyon and California) and am still jetlagged which takes me neatly into my eventful day today.

 So I had an appointment at the clinic to plan my treatment. It was for 8:30am. I set my alarm for 6:00am and woke at 8:00am. Cue panic and general bedlam. I called several taxi companies and they all said the same thing, it would take 40 mins to get to me due to a fire in the area. I nearly burst into tears. My husband suggested we cycle- he cycles to and from work everyday so it's no big deal for him. I usually don't cycle anywhere in London due to fear of being run over. Today I had no fear only panic, so I jumped on my bike and off we went. We arrived at the hospital 20 minutes late (having not showered or put on any make up), I was bright red, my legs were shaking and I was panting heavily. It's been a few months since I cycled. My husband rather unkindly said I should get in shape. Cheeky bugger. The clinic were very nice and let me see the consultant (after I apologised profusely, they could probably see the distress).

The consultant said that my hormone levels were fine, as was the husband's SA. He said that I could start on the LP after my AF. I will take Microgynon from day 1 for 21 days (I am not sure why now, I was so dishevelled I didn't think to ask). I will be seeing the nurse on CD 11 so she can tell me how to take the drugs, and I will start DR. Not sure if I will start DR whilst on the Microgynon or after. Again, questions I have thought of long after the appointment. The whole process will take 10 weeks.

The drugs will be delivered to me tomorrow in readiness.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being married! I really love being married (as opposed to living together) so I really love it when people are also.

    Sorry you had some drama getting to the clinic but at least you got there in the end. Yay for drugs being delivered! Fingers crossed it works for you first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And glad you had a wonderful honeymoon. What a shock coming home, but at least you're on the way now.

    ReplyDelete