Search This Blog

Friday 19 August 2011

WOW, that was faster than I thought

So. I went and had my egg sharing appointment about 3-4 weeks ago. They took bloods and said I would have to wait 6 weeks for the results.

Meanwhile, we had to get out GP to sign a letter to say that we have no hereditary diseases and that they are willing to disclose any further medical info should it be required. Also, Mr Vixen had to have bloods done for HIV and Hepatitis. Off he went to the Drs one morning whilst I went off to work. At work I got a phone call on my mobile, I picked it up and it was the GP. She was LOVELY. She was calling to make sure I was OK during this stressful time and to see if there is anything she can do for me. She said that they would do the tests (they are not obliged to on the NHS) and sign the letters- no charge (sometimes NHS charge for this kind of thing, it's the Dr's discrection). Made me feel really good.

Sent off the signed letter and Mr Vixen had his blood tests done on Tuesday. Today I got an email from the centre who said that my blood tests were "normal" (no figures given) and that, as they got the GP letter, they can proceed. I have been accepted! It's all happening faster than I thought! Was not expecting to hear from them for another 3 weeks. It's good really, as otherwise I would be anxiously checking my emails to see if they had accepted me or not.

Now I have to wait for Mr Vixen's blood results. I am not sure how long this will take, and I do not want to ring him as he is on his way to his stag do (bachelor for you Americans) for the weekend. When he gets back I will ask him how long it will take, then I can call the clinic and set up more appointments. We have to have counselling, SA and a "nurse planning meeting". I don't mind waiting a bit. My mind is not yet ready as I wasn't expecting it. I do not want to have IVF until after the wedding (in just under a month) as I am stressed enough! Don't worry, I will not be agreeing to this!

So in summary, I have received my results surprisingly early, and I have been accepted onto the egg sharing programme. All being well, I will start in October.

Now I have something to look forward to. I don't know how I will feel if it fails. I can't help but feel optimistic. The clinic's reputation is excellent and their success rates are 20% higher than NHS. My chances are 50% according to them. I like those odds. Mind you, there is of course a 50% chance of failure.

I hope I can get through this. I really do.








2 comments:

  1. You'll get through it. The whole process will fly by. IVF has been a whirlwind for us, and I can't believe my beta is tomorrow already. Surreal. And really, for me at least, it was not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete