Search This Blog

Thursday 17 November 2011

Day 7 of DR- Turning into a fatty

Still getting my husband to inject. It's a good job too, I forgot yesterday and would have gone to work without taking it but the Mr said, "Errr aren't you forgetting something?"


I was worrying about the fact that I have no side effects from the DR drugs, i.e. it's not working. Have googled it rather a lot and seen that plenty of other ladies didn't get symptoms either. I must be one of the lucky ones (well we'll see in 12 days won't we).

I have changed my diet. I have discovered that I have not been eating enough protein most of the time. I thought I had as I have always prided myself on eating a balanced vegetarian diet, but it turns out that the foods I eat for protein don't have as much as I thought. If you eat meat it's easy, in fact most meat eaters eat too much. I have started taking protein powder (twice a day in hot chocolate or Ovaltine), eating 2 yoghurts a day, eating fake meat (which I never liked doing, much prefer lentils and beans), eating pumpkin seeds (rich in iron as well as protein) and dates (to avoid constipation as warned by a fellow cycler). I am sure you can see where this is going. In the space of 1 week I have gained 3 lbs (insert shocked face emoticon here). If this continues I will be a big fatty in no time at all.

I need to re-think diet again, maybe less bread? On the upside, I am never hungry!

6 comments:

  1. I am glad the shots are working well and you arent experiencing side effects. How does the protein powder taste? I was thinking about starting supplementing with protein myself. I do have to admitt that bread is my weakness, especially rye, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The protein powder is basically dried milk, so it tastes like dried milk. I mix it with a little water (as per the instructions) and add it to a milky hot chocolate or Ovaltine. You can't taste it then. The packet says you can add it to soups, and casseroles, but I don't think so!

    If you are a meat eater, I wouldn't bother. There is 5g of protein per dose. If you eat a portion of lean chicken you get 30g of protein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there stranger! Look at you all injected up like a pro! In regards to the topic of protein, I used to compete in body building and had a strict protein rich diet. I'd feast on boiled eggs, mountains of Chinese broccoli and spinach. And the protein powders. I had mine with water, but there ate great ones out there.

    And a pic of the ring will go up today! Thanks for the ongoing support...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. More broccoli and spinach- that's easy I love them and they are not fatty! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't pumpkin seeds massively calorific? So are brazil nuts, if you're doing them.

    We eat a veggie thing that's basically some chopped up aubergine, peppers, halloumi and whatever else baked with garlic, which we have with flatbreads, wraps and salad. It's nice and I think has enough protein?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they are rather, but I have been eating them instead of having crisps or chocolate. I only have a handful (175 calories!).
    Most veggie protein is calorific- cheese, milk, yoghurt.

    Seem to be getting on better with it now. Not having chocolate or crisps or pudding at all. Never hungry on this diet though!

    ReplyDelete